The 9 July 2021 front page of The Economic Times
|Owner(s)||The Times Group|
|Publisher||Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.|
|Founded||6 March 1961; 60 years ago|
|Headquarters||Times House, DN Road, Mumbai, India|
|Circulation||359,142 daily (as of December 2019)|
The Economic Times is an Indian English-language business-focused daily newspaper. It is owned by The Times Group. The Economic Times began publication in 1961. As of 2012, it is the worlds second-most widely read English-language business newspaper, after The Wall Street Journal, with a readership of over 800,000. It is published simultaneously from 14 cities: Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Pune, Indore, and Bhopal. Its main content is based on the Indian economy, international finance, share prices, prices of commodities as well as other matters related to finance. This newspaper is published by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. The founding editor of the paper when it was launched in 1961 was P. S. Hariharan. The current editor of The Economic Times is Bodhisattva Ganguli.
- 1960s and 1970s: P. S. Hariharan (1961–1964), D. K. Rangnekar (1964–1979)
- 1980s: Hannan Ezekiel, Manu Shroff (1985–1990)
- Early to mid 1990s: Jaideep Bose, T. N. Ninan, Swaminathan Anklesaria Aiyar
- 2004: Rajrishi Singhal and Rahul Joshi
- 2010 to 2015: Rahul Joshi
- 2015 till date: Bodhisatva Ganguli
- ^ Far Eastern Economic Review. Review Publishing Company Limited. 1987. p. 4.
- ^ Bhattacherje, S. B. (2009). Encyclopaedia of Indian Events & Dates. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. p. A230. ISBN 978-81-207-4074-7.
- ^ Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise) (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- ^ Auletta, Ken (1 October 2012). Citizens Jain – Why Indias newspaper industry is thriving. The New Yorker. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- ^ Toms, Manu P (26 August 2015). Bodhisatva Ganguli new executive editor of The Economic Times. VCCircle. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- ^ Abram, David; et al. (2013). The Rough Guide to India (9th, Revised ed.). London: Rough Guides. ISBN 978-1-4093-6670-6.
- ^ Indiantelevision Dot Com Private Limited (19 January 2009). Times Groups biz channel is ET Now. Archived from the original on 5 November 2018. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- ^ Sruthijith KK (17 June 2009). A New Channel Is Born: ET Now Goes On Air with The Economic Times Advantage. Gigaom. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- ^ TOI Executive Editor Jaideep Bose all set to move out. exchange4media. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- ^ Agarwal, Deepa (December 2017). Eye on India: T. N. Ninan Weighs In on India and Its Prospects. Khabar. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- ^ Toms, Manu P (20 August 2015). Rahul Joshi quits BCCL, to join Network18 as CEO News. VCCircle. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- ^ Hasan, Abid (26 August 2015). Following Rahul Joshis exit, ET elevates Bodhisatva Ganguli to Executive Editor. exchange4media. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Kajioka- Constanza street no. 39, 50889 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Give us a ring
+59 850 269 756
Mon - Fri, 10:00-14:00