The holidays will be here before you know it and that means one thing — console shortages. That means now is the time to buy your holiday gifts and if its a next-gen console you seek, we have good news.
Although there is no Xbox Series X restock at the moment, multiple retailers have the Xbox Series S in stock for its list price of $299. Amazon, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store are just a few retailers with stock. Although the Series S is slightly easier to find in stock, its still rare to see this many stores with it in stock, so now is the time to buy it before the console sells out again.
Xbox Series S: $299 @ Amazon
The next-gen Xbox Series S is limited to 1440p output, but still delivers fast loading, ray tracing, and high frame rates. It sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for storage. (Theres no disc drive). Amazon now has it in stock. View Deal
Xbox Series S bundle: $344 @ GameStop
GameStop has the Xbox Series S bundled with a 3-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership. The subscription includes all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, over 100 high-quality games, and access to EA Play at no additional cost.View Deal
In our Xbox Series S review, we noted that while less powerful than the Xbox Series X — the Xbox Series S still manages to impress.
Sure, games look better on the more powerful Xbox Series X, but the Xbox Series S still renders characters, backgrounds, and items gorgeously. In Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the Xbox Series X displayed sharper, more colorful advertisements on the streets of Yokohama, but character models were still rich and detailed on the Series S. Plus, the frame rate didn’t suffer from any appreciable slowdown on either platform.
In general, the Xbox Series S upscales content to 4K beautifully — and if you have a 1440p display, you wont need the upscaling at all.
If you still have your heart on the Xbox Series X, its worth knowing that it is possible to beat the bots if you follow some of our restock cheat sheet. Also, make sure to follor our where to buy Xbox Series X coverage for the latest updates.
Check Xbox Series X|S stock at other retailers
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock July 14)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 25)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 22)
- Dell: Xbox Series X (last restock August 25)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last June 23)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 24)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock August 17)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 2)
- Adorama: Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S bundles (last restock July 16)
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock July 1)
- BJs: Xbox Series X (last restock July 8)
- Kohls: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 25)